Cypress Creek Christian Community Center
Cypress Creek Christian Community Center houses the programming and activities for more than 160 Northwest Houston non-profit social service, civic and cultural organizations for children, youth, adults and senior citizens. Home of The Centrum.
The Center has been providing services continuously for 36 years with major focus upon welcoming the activities of:
- Youth organizations such as high school and middle school UIL competitions,
- Choir, band and orchestra concerts,
- Friday Nite Live (serving 300-500 middle school children weekly),
- Lone Star College concerts and classes,
- Houston Ballet/FACE Summer Dance Program,
- Special Olympics,
- The Barbara Bush Library Summer Reading Program and ESL classes,
- Northwest Houston Chinese School (200+ youth weekly),
- Houston Family Arts Center Summer Free Family Concerts,
- Numerous instrumental camps,
- Athletic programs, and
- A host of educational offerings for young people, adults and senior adults.
The Community Center has been the energizing force creating the Cypress Creek Cultural District and created and/or brought into being of each of the major entities comprising the unique civic and cultural complex in collaboration with the public, religious, and private local community sectors.